Welcome to Winyates Opticians in Redditch. Your Opticians near Stratford Upon Avon
Winyates Opticians in Redditch is dedicated to providing the best service and prices in the West Midlands and Worcestershire region. We are the go to choice of opticians near Stratford Upon Avon in the eyes of our patients that we serve. We provide eyecare, eye tests, supply glasses, frames and lenses as well as contact lenses.
We give a great deal of help and advice, both when choosing frames and lenses, and caring for your eyes. We want to make sure you look as good as possible but also that your eyes are as well cared for as possible.
We place a great deal of importance on the level of care we give with eye tests and selecting the right lenses and advice on eyecare. As a smaller company it is easier to give you a wider choice of lenses as we are not restricted by a buying policy dictated by a head office, so we always offer the best solutions and explain fully, regardless of cost. We always go a step further than other high street opticians to give you the best professional support and care.
If you'd like to book an eye test, please use the form below to get in touch and we will call you back. You can also use the form to ask any questions or let us know suitable dates should you choose.
Tests Available In The Next Week
- Monday - tests available morning and afternoon
- Tuesday - no tests available
- Wednesday - no tests available
- Thursday - test available in the morning and afternoon
- Friday - no tests available
- Saturday - closed
We also provide home eye tests and specs for those who are housebound or unable to get to an Optical Practice unaccompanied.
We pride ourselves on providing a bespoke service to the housebound patient. We endeavour to work around the individual with minimal fuss and with minimal movement required from the patient.
Our specialist equipment means we can work in often very cramped surroundings and yet deliver a professional, caring and courteous service. The eye test will involve examining the health of the eyes as well as maximising vision. If problems are detected, a report will be sent to the patient’s doctor for onward referral to an Ophthalmologist.
Our extensive selection of frames ranges from basic to top-end designers, from cutting edge to traditional designs. All lens types and brands are available. All frames are adjusted at the visit to ensure a comfortable fit.
In many cases the home eye-test is free i.e. covered by the NHS, for example housebound over 60s or those receiving certain benefits e.g housebound and receiving income-support / Tax Credits. According to the benefits received there may also be help towards the cost of specs. For those patients who are housebound but do not qualify for a free NHS eye test a charge will apply for the home visit.
Looking after your eyes.
General eyecare begins with :
- A Healthy Diet - A healthy and varied diet including fruit and vegetables is important not only for healthy eyes but also your overall health.
- Exercise - Studies have shown that Regular exercise helps to lower the risk of eye loss. This maybe due to exercising reducing high blood pressure, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
- Giving Up Smoking - Smoking is linked to the on set of age related macular degeneration and the formation of cataracts.
- Reduce Drinking - Drinking excessive alcohol is associated with age related macular degeneration.
- Wear UV Protective Sunglasses - Do not stare directly at the sun as this can cause damage to eyesight which can possibly cause blindness.
- Visit your Optician - Regular visits to an optician just for your eye care is essential to detect changes in the eyes.